A customer asked if we could make a robot that interacts with an on-screen keyboard, specifically for sending text messages.
Tapster can be programmed to automate any kind of on-screen keyboard, whether it’s a text keyboard or music keyboard. See the video below of a pair of Tapster 2 robots to playing a duet of Heart & Soul on GarageBand!
- Delta robot design
- Rubber-tipped capacitive touchscreen end effector simulates a human finger on a capacitive touchscreen device
- Open source hardware license (MIT)
- Ships assembled, tested, and ready to go
Tapster 2 robot can be purchased from the Tapster Robotics Store on Tindie.com.
- Tappable area: 140mm x 80mm (ideal for standard-size mobile smartphones
- Software: Firmata firmware
- Electronics: Arduino Uno microcontroller
- Servo motion control
- Power: 9V power supply included
- Computer running Mac, Windows, or Linux
- USB port
Past customization to Tapster 2 has resulted in new product offerings. If Tapster 2 is not exactly what you need, we recommend you look further into our other robot products and contact us for a free consultation.