Customer needed to open a music app on an iPad from a cold start, adjust the volume level, and then close the app.
Tapster Tbot was scaled larger to create a larger tappable area, then push button capability was added to framework.
- CoreXY, midTbot design
- Rubber-tipped capacitive touchscreen end effector
- Sliding mounts, grips, and servo-powered actuators allow multiple configurations to press top, side, or back buttons of any mobile device.
- Ships assembled, tested, and ready to go
- Tappable Area: 240 mm x 170 mm
- Software: Grbl firmware
- Electronics: Arduino Nano microcontroller; Pololu A4988 micro-stepping stepper motor driver carrier boards
- Motion control: Stepper motor driven X-axis & Y-axis motion; servo motor driven Z-axis (pen lift / tapping) motion
- Power: 12V power supply included
- Computer running Mac, Windows, or Linux
- WiFi or USB port
- Custom jig to hold tablet-sized IoT device
- Add PBR (Push Button Robot) to push physical buttons
- Mounted USB camera
Photo shows Tbot XL with PBR